Pages

Who is your favorite original founding Avenger?

Uncharted 2 Is So Amazing That I Want To Punch A Guardian

August 28, 2011


Recently I started to play Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and finished it, well today I just finished my copy of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and that game was a hundred times better than the first.

Here's what I love about the game, the graphics were still amazingly beautiful; Naughty Dog did an excellent job once again when it came to the harsh jungle lands to the villages of Tibet, if it weren't for the cracks on my monitor, I would be enjoying the graphics to the ultimate. The length of the game was perfect, it was way longer than the first game and kept me entertained and busy for hours and hours. The difficulty was perfect also, it wasn't incredibly hard, despite me having trouble in certain parts of the games, but it wasn't too challenging for the difficulty you were on.

The character designs were another great thing, each person had their own uniqueness to them. Tenzin was a complete badass, I love that guy; he drags Drake from a train wreck in the middle of a blizzard back to his village then from there he helps Drake cross dangerous paths where they take on Suited Guardians. Tenzin also helps you take on a tank, he is the best character I have ever seen in a game. Anyways, the character designs were so great, not just the looks, but their personalities. I loved some people and hated the hell out of others, like Cloe, I didn't like her, I found her really annoying with her negative remarks. Zoran was an excellent baddie and Flynn was a straight up ass; all characters were just so amazing and unique.


Among Thieves also had a great story, it was full of action and surprises that kept me up and wanting more and more. I loved how it wasn't a typical game with a random romance that was thrown into the game also, yeah there was a romance scene, but it was pretty much just for a scene. And it wasn't really a romance scene much, which I loved, because lots of things in movies and games and whatnot are always throwing in such a cheesy romance, and it wasn't bad at all. Naughty Dog did amazingly well with the relationship between Drake and Elena.

Let's talk about the gameplay, it was pretty much the same as the first Uncharted, but not as repetitive really. In the first game you would shoot at enemies, run into a puzzle, solve the puzzle, run into a cut scene and then run into more enemies where it would repeat. In Uncharted 2, it wasn't much a repetitive thing, things kept changing, especially with the different types of settings; first you start off in a museum in Turkey, then Borneo, then you travel to different places in Tibet where there was a jungle terrain, snowy terrain and different caves and ruins that you had to search. The change of scenery and different types of maps kept the game fresh and didn't make it seem very repetitive; I missed the lush jungles, but I'm glad Naughty Dog decided to change things around. Everything else was the same though when it came to the mechanics of the games, the controls weren't changed much and the difficulty was nice and perfect.

Honestly, I really can't thing of anything negative about the game; I'm really trying to thing that there has to be something bad about Uncharted 2, but I really cannot think of anything. I just wish that the game was way longer, despite the length of the game was already long.

I'm definitely excited about Drake's Deception, and I will be getting the game when it comes out on November 1st. I would recommend this series to anyone who loves puzzlers, action games or shooters. Hell, I would recommend this game to anyone who enjoys video games.

1 comments:

  1. Blake said...:

    360 owners are missing out.I am... :(

Post a Comment

 
The Reading Gamers © 2011 | Designed by Bingo Cash, in collaboration with Premium Wordpress Themes | Photography Wordpress Theme