Pages

Who is your favorite original founding Avenger?

Red Hood and the Outlaws Might Be One Of My Favorite New 52 Comics

September 22, 2011


Red Hood and the Outlaws is a comic thats filled with a perfect combination of guns, explosions, prison breaks, mystery and Starfire in a bikini.

All I know about Jason Todd is that he's an ex Robin gone crazy as he dones the name "Red Hood" and Red Hood and the Outlaws makes it way better than it sounds. At first, I didn't plan to pick up and read Red Hood and the Outlaws, but I'm definately glad that I did; I picked it up just because I wanted to see how Red Hood is after hearing some positive things about him.

Red Hood is a complete badass, he dresses up as an overweight priest as he helps Roy Harper, a.k.a. Red Arrow, break out of a Quracian prison with guns a-blazin' as they both fight their way out with multiple guards and mercenaries that stands between them. Red Hood and Harper went out with a bang, they were able to take on all guards and mercenaries without a hitch, that is until they run into a few tanks; but Red Hood is prepared for everything when it comes down to his plans, Hood has an ace up his sleeve -- an orange Tamaranian that throws out starbolts with her hands and goes by the name Starfire.


Starfire is not who I thought she was; at first I thought she was a go happy naive curious alien, just like in the Teen Titans cartoon, I was completely wrong. I don't know if  Scott Lobdell changed her personality or if she is the same as she has always been in the comics, but I was not expecting her to be this way. In Red Hood and the Outlaws she's an almost emotionless and forgetful alien who will straight up and ask a man if he wants to have sex with her.


"[Tamarians] don't see humans as much more than sights and smells. And they have a terrible short attention span about all things Earth." - Jason Todd.

I really don't know much about Starfire, so I'll have to do more research on her as I keep going with the series.

After the escape, Red Hood, Haper and Starfire beach out at a nice little resort, where Todd runs into Essence. She informs Todd about missing organs from living people withouth any incision marks, which seems to lead to one group called "The Untitled". While Starfire and Harper are having casual sex, Todd suits up and pays The Untitled a visit.


I have no idea who The Untitled are along with the All Caste, which is another group who seemed to be attacked by The Untitled. My ignorance won't drive me away though, I'm going to stick with this series; I had no intention in picking it up, but I'm glad I did. Todd is with Grayson's ex-lover, Harper is blasting arrows in some heads and Starfire will have sex with anyone after she obliterates a few tanks with her hands; overall, everything great is rolled into one twenty-two paged glorifying comic. This is one comic I will for sure be following without a doubt, this would be on my top recommendations from the New 52.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Reading Gamers © 2011 | Designed by Bingo Cash, in collaboration with Premium Wordpress Themes | Photography Wordpress Theme