Pages

Who is your favorite original founding Avenger?

The Avengers Cologne Set Review

May 2, 2012


It has been about a week since I have gotten my hands on the official Avengers Cologne Set being sold be Jads International which means I have had enough time to wear all four and have a chance to figure out which hero I like to smell like.

There are four different colognes that comes with the Avengers Cologne Set, Patriot, mark VII, Smash! and Worthy with each scent being extremely different and being way better than I thought. Each bottle holds 3.4 fluid ounces of cologne and comes in a little box with the whole thing weighing just two pounds. 


When I put on the cologne, the smells really do smell like something that Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk and Thor would most like possibly wear. Each one has their own fragrant with Patriot having green lime and white pepper are first then settling down into a smell of dry oak wood. The Patriot has a very subtle scent which is good because it seems like that if it weren't subtle then it would be very strong. It does remind me though of something an older person would wear but there is a mix of youth in it (if that makes any sense at all).

Mark VII isn't very strong, but you can smell the hint of citrus it has in it which is due to the combination of mandarin and neroli with nasturtium and jasmine. The smell reminds me of something that could be fun but yet sophisticated at the same time.

Smash! is probably my favorite scent; it originally was my least favorite but it has grown on me and honestly it's very manly smelling, its something that would be worn by the manliest of the manliest men who lives in a forest. Smash! combines yuzu, bergamot, tarragon, water lily and nutmeg which gives it the citrus smell. Past the citrus smell you smell a bit of musk which is due to the sandalwood, vetiver, dry musk and warm cedar.

Worthy is a bit more musky than Smash! but it is very earth like. The combination of bergamot, frozen ginger, wheatgrass, grapefruit, aromatic cypress, dark amber and cedarwood don't seem to work as well as the other colognes, which makes Worthy my least favorite unfortunately.

At first the colognes smell weird, but they do settle down nicely and you then start to get use to the smell of them all. At first Mark VII was my favorite, then it was Patriot, Worthy and Smash!, but after getting use to them all my favorite now is Smash! with Mark VII being second, Patriot being third and Worthy being last.

The colognes are not cheesy at all like I was kind of expecting, they actually do smell like what cologne should smell like; they are not strong, they settle nicely and the combinations of the ingredients work incredibly well.

I'm not much of a cologne person, which is due to me not liking many brands, the only cologne I wear is Adidas Moves (obviously Axe [when I was young and stupid] and Old Spice doesn't count) which is an aquatic fragrance, which is my favorite smell. After getting the Avengers Cologne Set I feel as if I want to wear more cologne, even when no one is around.

I think Jads International did a great job finding scents that most identify with the heroes they represent. When I spent the $59 on them over at Urban-Collectors, I was afraid that I wasted my money on something that would smell either mediocre or something ridiculous, but luckily that is not the case at all. They scents are something I feel comfortable wearing out during special occasions or at parties.

Jads International is also selling fragrances based off of Loki (Mischief), Nick Fury (Infinity Formula) and Black Widow (Black Widow). I plan to get my hands on them; if the Avengers Set smells good then I'm sure the others will be and I'm sure Infinity Formula will smell manlier then Smash!

If you do end up wanting to try out these fragrances I would suggest getting the set considering that each bottle costs $29.99 separately while you can get four of them for about $60. 

Overall I'd give the set an 8/10.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Reading Gamers © 2011 | Designed by Bingo Cash, in collaboration with Premium Wordpress Themes | Photography Wordpress Theme