Pages

Who is your favorite original founding Avenger?

Steam Coming To Linux Systems

April 26, 2012


Steam is no longer available just for Windows and Apple based PCs, Linux owners will now be able to play Steam games such as Left 4 Dead 2 on the operating systems.

News comes from Michael Larabel, founder of Phoronix, who visited Valve's headquarters yesterday and got a first hand experience on Left 4 Dead 2 on an Ubuntu 11.10 installation.

According to Larabel's article of his experience, Valve will be releasing the Linux version of Steam in a possible beta format later this year and that more titles will be available than just Left 4 Dead 2.



[Discuss this on the forums.]

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    This will be triumph.
    I'm making note here, HUGE SUCCESS.
    It's hard to overestimate my satisfaction.
    It's Linux Gamer
    I play HIB games
    because I must
    If there would be commercial ones
    I would play them instead

    But there's no sense in crying over this thing
    Steam for Linux is coming to ring.
    And the players are happy
    And you make neat game
    For the people who play on Linux

    I'm not even angry
    I'm being so sincere right now
    Even though you ignored me now
    And didn't make games
    And force me to use WINE

    Since I knew you will change your mind!
    Now Steam for Linux is coming soon enough.
    Soon it's out of beta
    Will release on time!
    So I'm GLaD it's over
    Think of all the things we learned
    About people who play on Linux

    Go ahead download it.
    I think I'll see how it works
    Maybe you'll find some new games?
    Maybe HL Ep. 3?
    THAT WAS A JOKE
    HAHA. FAT CHANCE
    Anyway Steam is great.
    It has neat games son for you
    Look at HAPPYPENGUIN
    when Steam is released
    When I use Linux, it makes me GLaD it won't get ill
    Because of some virus
    Or another trojan horse
    That don't happen on Linux
    And believe me I play on Linux
    I am porting Portal for Linux
    I work FANTASTIC and play on Linux
    While you're waiting I'll play on Linux
    And when it's done I will play on Linux
    On Linux
    On Linux

  1. Androo said...:

    lol Nice, that was a good one!

Post a Comment

 
The Reading Gamers © 2011 | Designed by Bingo Cash, in collaboration with Premium Wordpress Themes | Photography Wordpress Theme