Pages

Who is your favorite original founding Avenger?

TF2 Complaints

June 23, 2011


I've been reading a lot of complaints about Valve deciding to have Team Fortress 2 a free-to-play game; their concerns go from them feeling scammed, a worry about an increase in hackers and annoying people.

I understand why people feel scammed, especially if you just bought the game recently, but there's also a consideration that needs to be brought up. Team Fortress 2 is worth more than a $20 dollar value, we get free updates and free packs, buying items in game is optional; most of the time we can craft or find drops of the in store items. I bought the game a few years ago and I love it, and I have no problem with Valve's decision since they've taken care of us with all the nice updates (yeah some updates caused many glitches but what game doesn't?) Considering all the stuff they have added to the whole game play experience, the value of Team Fortress 2 should have shot up in price.

I don't understand why people are concerned about hackers, it's not like Valve is getting rid of VAC and I personally do not see a lot of hackers on Team Fortress 2, of my many hours of playing, I don't believe I've seen any hackers at all. And for annoying people, there's something called "Mute Player" than can easily be done with a couple of clicks with your mouse.

These are silly little concerns, and I don't believe that this will be the end of TF2, plus, Valve is giving Premium Users (people who bought the retail version) more benefits than the Free-to-Play players.


Along with that he get a simple little hat.


For some of you, that might not be enough, but for me it is; at least Valve is showing support for the Premium Users and are acknowledging us.

Valve has stated that they'll even keep an eye on any exploiters:

"Q. Won’t going Free to Play mean more griefers and cheaters?

We’re increasing our focus on making sure that hostile players can’t ruin your fun. Specifically, we’ll be keeping a close eye on players exploiting the ability to make infinite free accounts to bypass bans. We’ve built systems that’ll allow us to measure and track what these players are doing, and respond quickly."

In the end, I don't think the F2P update will cripple TF2 at all, I think it will either stay the same or make the community vast. I would love to hear what others have to say though, but I welcome this new update.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Reading Gamers © 2011 | Designed by Bingo Cash, in collaboration with Premium Wordpress Themes | Photography Wordpress Theme