Pages

Who is your favorite original founding Avenger?

Shigeru Miyamoto Steps Down at Nintendo [Update]

December 7, 2011

The beloved creator of Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros, Shigeru Miyamoto has relieved his position as Senior Managing Director and Manager of Nintendo's entertainment analysis and development at Nintendo. However it doesn't mean he is leaving the big N for good.

"I'm not saying that I'm going to retire from game development altogether. What I mean by retiring is, retiring from my current position,"

Miyamoto will remain with Nintendo and returning to developing on smaller projects with some of the younger blood at the company. He has even said that he might work on his own projects as well, a man of his caliber can do so.

For the past several years, he's been training with younger developers which led him to make this decision.

"After all, if I'm there in my position as it is, then there's always kind of a relationship. And the young guys are always kind of in a situation where they have to listen to my ideas. But I need some people who are growing up much more than today."

Update: It looks like Miyamoto isn't leaving Nintendo, according to Nintendo.

1 comments:

  1. Androo said...:

    Also, we can't for sure tell what this means for the future of Nintendo. Miyamoto is still in the picture, but as far as his influence to future Nintendo games go, no one knows.

Post a Comment

 
The Reading Gamers © 2011 | Designed by Bingo Cash, in collaboration with Premium Wordpress Themes | Photography Wordpress Theme