Pages

Who is your favorite original founding Avenger?

Gotham City Imposters Beta Review

January 26, 2012


When I heard a familiar ring from my super duper smart phone that I use to play Tiny Towers, check my e-mail/Facebook, call my mother or to yell at various companies to inform them that I am not happy with their service I dashed to it to see that I got an e-mail from Gotham City Impostors informing me that PlayStation 3 owners can now participate in the beta of the game. I then rushed to my PlayStation 3 to download and install Gotham City Impostors that took no more than 20 minutes to install and those 20 minutes were worth the wait.

After scrolling through some User Agreements I was finally able to start playing the game, but first I decided to go into the initiating training to familiarize myself with the game and the controls; the controls were no different from a regular FPS, but I mainly did it to see how to work the gadgets. The initiation of course was easy, I got to test the glider, grappling hook, roller blades and other such fun gadgets.

Now the real fun starts as I am able to finally go against other players in a game that is not like your average FPS. Gotham City Imposters is one of those games that brings a lot of things to the table; it doesn't get boring, especially with all of the unique gadgets that Monolith Productions has integrated into their game.

There are tons of gadgets you can use in your arsenal, and it makes the game extremely unique with all the features it has. The gadgets include gliders, roller skates, spring loaded shoes, pipe bombs, shuriyukens and much, much more. All of the gadgets really does make the gameplay different from all of the other FPS games out there. You can mix and match the gadgets that work best for you; I personally enjoy my crossbow as my primary gun with my rifle as my secondary. As for my other two load outs I use my impact bombs and spring loaded boots for jumpin' and gunin' purposes.

I like the fact that there are pre-made classes, eventually though, when you level up, you get unlock custom load outs and mix and match your own style, which includes how your character looks, sounds and which weapons and gadgets he/she will be using.

At first, I heard that it was like Modern Warfare and I didn't believe it at first, but the weapon and leveling system is similiar to it. I'm not going to compare Gotham City Impostors to Modern Warfare though, that's unfair, because Gotham City Impostors is a lot better; it doesn't mean it's not perfect though.

Of course right now it's a beta, so of course there are going to be some bugs and unfinished things, but the one thing that bothers me is the knifing in the game. When I get up close to knife an enemy, I never get the hit or kill, but when I'm a few feet away from the enemy as I knife I get the kill; I don't know if I'm just bad with knifing or what but I only knife now when I really need to.

Currently there are only two maps that are available - Crime Alley and Amusement Mile. Along with two maps are two different game modes - Fumigation and Psychological Warfare. Fumigation is a capture and defend mode and Psychological Warfare is basically a capture the flag mode; I prefer Fumigation.

The maps, Crime Alley and Amusement Mile, are simple and straight forward. They both work for all class types, except for the Sniper class. I say that because there really aren't too many good positions for the Sniper nor are they many good places to use a sniper rifle. The only good one is in Amusement Mile on the roof of a one roomed store; it gives you a good look over almost half of the map.

I really do not have too many complaints about Gotham City Impostors; it's fun, comical, unique, and offers variety in the gameplay. If I'm enjoying the beta this much, then I can't wait to see how I'm going to enjoy the full version.

If you haven't downloaded and tried the Gotham City Impostors beta, go do it now! You won't regret it. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go try the game out some more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Reading Gamers © 2011 | Designed by Bingo Cash, in collaboration with Premium Wordpress Themes | Photography Wordpress Theme