Pages

Who is your favorite original founding Avenger?

Matt Groening Finally Tells Where Springfield Is

April 10, 2012


For years and years everyone has wondered where Springfield is located on the globe, well now today Matt Groening has revealed that tidbit piece of information after all these years.

During an interview with Smithsonian magazine, Groening has revealed that Springfield takes place in his home state of Oregon. Yes, Springfield, Oregon.

“Springfield was named after Springfield, Oregon,” says Groening. “The only reason is that when I was a kid, the TV show Father Knows Best took place in the town of Springfield, and I was thrilled because I imagined that it was the town next to Portland, my hometown. When I grew up, I realized it was just a fictitious name. I also figured out that Springfield was one of the most common names for a city in the U.S. In anticipation of the success of the show, I thought, ‘This will be cool; everyone will think it’s their Springfield.’ And they do.”



[Discuss this on the forums.]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Reading Gamers © 2011 | Designed by Bingo Cash, in collaboration with Premium Wordpress Themes | Photography Wordpress Theme