Pages

Who is your favorite original founding Avenger?

Steve Jobs Resigns from Apple

August 24, 2011

Today, Steve Jobs announces to the board of directors and the public that he is resigning as CEO of Apple due to his long-term illness.

The Founder of Apple leaves his throne.

And while he no longer wishes to continue running Apple, he would still like to be chairman of the Board of Directors.

Here is the full letter.

Letter from Steve Jobs
CUPERTINO, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–
To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple's brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

Steve

Later today Tim Cook was officially announced as Job's successor as CEO as Apple and Jobs has been elected as Chairman of the Board.

If Steve Jobs and Bill Gates made a baby...It would be Tim Cook.

What this means for Apple's future is unknown but they'll continue to strive to create advanced computers and other tech to bring us towards the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Reading Gamers © 2011 | Designed by Bingo Cash, in collaboration with Premium Wordpress Themes | Photography Wordpress Theme