Pages

Who is your favorite original founding Avenger?

Marvel Cancels Destroyers

November 7, 2011


Another Marvel comic will is getting the same fate of Victor Von Doom, Alpha Flight, Iron Man 2.0 and All-Winners Squad. It has been announced via Van Lente's Twitter today that Marvel has cancelled the Destroyers.

Destroyers was planned to be a five issue miniseries that starred She-Hulk, The Thing, Beast, Devil Dinosaur and A-Bomb in which the heroes would fight the monsters who answered to an unnamed Marvel villain and in the end, the heroes would receive a cure for their nonhuman like appearance.

Luckily writer Fred Van Lente and artist Kyle Hotz were already paid for their unpublished work for the short lived mini series. Van Lente is also currently working on another unannounced Marvel series.


When I first read about this, I thought it said Defenders; I almost had a mini heart attack, but then I realized it said Destroyers. On another note, I dislike how Ben Grimm's temporary cure is hasn't been mentioned again since before Johnny's death. Strike that, I was just reminded that the cure lasts for a week once a year when I thought it was one day a month. But I do hope that they bring it back since it's already been a year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Reading Gamers © 2011 | Designed by Bingo Cash, in collaboration with Premium Wordpress Themes | Photography Wordpress Theme