Pages

Who is your favorite original founding Avenger?

EA verbally Insults Activisions Call of Duty

August 22, 2011


EA is an evil, self-absorbed, smug monster of a publisher and they're not afraid to show it. While Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg called for a truce between the war between the monster FPS shooters Battlefield and Call of Duty, EA responded with a big middle finger.

EA's corporate communications VP Jeff Brown slandered Activision's request of peace with some harsh comments. "Welcome to the big leagues Eric – I know you're new in the job, but someone should have told you this is a competitive industry.You've got every reason to be nervous.Last year Activision had a 90 share in the shooter category. This year, Battlefield 3 is going to take you down to 60 or 70. At that rate, you’ll be out of the category in 2-3 years. If you don't believe me, go to the store and try to buy a copy of Guitar Hero or Tony Hawk."

Ouch...

I haven't seen such hatred between two publishers since Nintendo and Sega in the 90's. And while I hate the Call of Duty series, I hate EA way more and I pray that they'll be eating those words someday. After ME3 comes out I'll never buy a game they publish ever again.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Reading Gamers © 2011 | Designed by Bingo Cash, in collaboration with Premium Wordpress Themes | Photography Wordpress Theme