Pages

Who is your favorite original founding Avenger?

Review: Brink Agents of Change DLC

August 3, 2011

Brink was one of my most anticipated games for 2011...then I played it. The game was riddled with constant graphical issues, useless ally A.I., Overpowered enemy A.I., unbalanced classes, lack of a real story and the shortest campaign I've ever seen. Even the multiplayer was just reusing the campaign missions for online games and every team had nothing but engineers, no lobby or clan support and absolutely awful online servers during launch. The game felt incomplete and I would've gave it a 4/10.

And after playing "Agents of Change", my score remains the same. But that doesn't mean it's the DLC's fault.

Still feels unfinished.

Agents of change is the games first DLC which will be free for the first two weeks of release and adds more content to keep those who still play it to keep them hooked for a little while longer. However it's been months since the games release and splash damage has been on the fence with this DLC and the constant online issues so I'm pretty sure most of you have given up on this title already.

For those of you who didn't, Agents of Change brings a lot of new content. You get a brand new set of clothing for each faction. The Security's "Limey" set and the Resistance's "Sad Punk" set.

The new outfits are really nice but I can't even see my guy...

Along with new clothing you also receive bayonet and gun shield attachments, 7 achievements/trophies, 5 new abilities and 2 new maps. Unfortunately these do not change the overall gameplay for the better.

The Operative's new UAV ability looks fun, but I lost patience before I could use it...

Even with the new title update, the enemy A.I. would overpower me in great numbers, Objectives are stale and repetitive, gun control is still bad, allied A.I. is even dumber; instead of just constantly running for the command post they just stood in one room waiting for an enemy to appear. Most times this would cost me winning the mission.

In fact, not only do my allies feel more useless, it feels like my character has been nerfed as well. I felt much slower than the last time I played the game but I would still be taken down in just a few shots ( I was using a light-weight body type also), My SMG was much weaker, and being the operative class, gaining experience was even harder compared to engineer classes.

The brand new content Brink has to offer is solid.

My score of the DLC would be a 7/10 for it's new content being well done but it still can't help the other shortcomings that plagued this game from launch, But if you're a fan of Brink then I would highly recommend this pack for you. Make sure to download it while it's still free.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Reading Gamers © 2011 | Designed by Bingo Cash, in collaboration with Premium Wordpress Themes | Photography Wordpress Theme