Pages

Who is your favorite original founding Avenger?

Thoughts On DC Universe So Far

November 16, 2011


DC Universe is a beautiful MMORPG that has recently become F2p, and many have jumped on the bandwagon to play it, including myself.

The character creation is alright. It's in the medium for me, because you can't customize as much as you'd like to, but enough to be semi satisfied. You can choose body types that are already preset for you, luckily it has presets for almost all height types.

This video can help you get the jist of it.



I got my idea from Tigra from Marvel. Except I went a little cheesy and took snow leopard= ice powers, and mixed it together.



If you are good or bad, fire or ice, it won't change sets you can get via customization, which is kinda nice.

I myself, choose batman as a mentor, ice as a power, and flying as my movement.

The flying is EXTREMELY fluid in movement. It's probably the most fluid feel I have ever gotten from any game, which makes it very fun to fly around. Here's a pic of me flying around in some snow drafts.



The music is pretty nice, it's not your typical cheesy online game type of music, it can be pretty intense for some areas. Especially when you are flying around large areas, did I mention how BIG the maps are in this game? The cities are HUGE! And you are free to move almost every where in them. They are so big in fact, that flying/running around to get to places actually will take so much time that it becomes annoying. Luckily around level 9 you can get a speed boost, it really comes in handy for achieving your destinations faster.

The best way to level up is by missions/quests. Bad guys really don't give much exp unless they are field bosses. As soon as you level up, you get points to pick out a new power from a skill tree.
Here is a video of the skill trees.



Since my power is ice, I have powers such as knocking people around with giant ice blocks. As you can see in the picture below..


Or charging up to shoot ice beams at people.



The bosses can actually prove to be challenging, which makes me feel more as if I am playing an actual boss with good AI as opposed to it sitting there and just attacking me. There have been times where I have had to use some strategics to help my team out. Sometimes you can't just simply spam mouse 1 and mouse 2. Here's a video of a battle that seemed sorta difficult for my party and I, just a little different from the same instance we did. But you can get an idea from it.



At first I didn't really find myself playing this game an hour straight, but once you get into it, it can be very time consuming, and all the missions you can do with friends...can be very fun.

So far I give it a 8/10, and I think it's worth trying.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Reading Gamers © 2011 | Designed by Bingo Cash, in collaboration with Premium Wordpress Themes | Photography Wordpress Theme