Pages

Who is your favorite original founding Avenger?

Justice League #1 Review

September 2, 2011


I just finished up reading the first issue of Justice League from the new DC Universe relaunch, now I don't really know too much when it comes to DC, especially when it comes to heroes personalities. From what I know though, Batman still seems like a jerk, Green Lantern and Superman seem a bit cocky (Green Lantern being extremely cocky).


In this DC Universe, people fear the super heroes that are popping up around the world, so much that they would kill them. The comic starts with Batman chasing down an alien with helicopters gunning at both of them, until Green Lantern shows up and lends Batman a helping green hand. The alien is able to escape into the sewers where Green Lantern and Batman trails it. From there, Lantern goes head on towards the alien as he's planting what the heroes thought was a bomb. Before exploding, the alien spurs out "For Darkseid!" After shielding against the attack, Green Lantern decides that he and Batman should go over to Metropolis to see if another certain alien could be involved - Superman. Once they land where Superman is located and after Green Lantern is a bit cocky, Superman lands a powerful punch onto the space peace keeper. 


I like how Geoff Johns made Green Lantern looks like some God like being just by the way he talked, but he got his ass handed to him in every instance, by Batman, the Dark Sied alien and of course Superman. I really thought Green Lantern was a nice guy, especially from the few issues of stuff I have read with him, so I don't know if they are completely changing his character or that he's really like that, either way it's funny to see him like that, even though I like Green Lantern.

Another enjoyable thing was the foreshadowing of Cyborg, Vic Stone, joining the Justice League. Of course though, he just a high school kid on a football team. Cyborg is a character I barely know anything about except for his name and that he was on the Teen Titans, so I'm pretty excited to see him in this Justice League. And the foreshadowing of Darkseid was pretty neat, it sounds like they'll be introducing him real soon.

Overall, this was a pretty good comic for someone just jumping into the DC Universe, it gives readers a fresh start. I really don't know every personality for all the characters, so I really cannot compare to how this is to any previous Justice League comics, but I do like the direction it's going towards. I really can't wait till the next issue, nor can I wait to see what the other 52 comics have in store.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Reading Gamers © 2011 | Designed by Bingo Cash, in collaboration with Premium Wordpress Themes | Photography Wordpress Theme