Pages

Who is your favorite original founding Avenger?

Manniversary Update First Thought

October 14, 2011


Yesterday Valve released the Manniversary update, in which they celebrate the one year anniversary of the Mann Co. Store. The update included several things that included the Steam Workshop (a place where content made by the community can be submitted), new hats, a sale on some of the items in the Mann Co. Store, a new map, some fixes, extra misc. slots, loud-out presets and some new items.

Honestly, the only cool thing about the update was some of the new hats, the extra misc. slot and the load-out presets. I haven't played on the new map yet, but Gullywash was community made and it's not being backed up by Valve.

Gullywash


As for the hats and items, I kind of thought that there were going to be weapons, I don't know why I was expecting that, but it sure would've been better than some of the hats. In my opinion, none of them really interests me besides the Birdcage, the Cremator's Conscience, the Crocodile Smile and Your Worst nightmare; the Demoman pirate set is alright, but it's nothing I'd give all my refined for, I'd rather wait for drops or something.



Players also received the Manniversary Paper Hat by just launching TF2, it's probably one of my favorite free hats Valve has given us.


Another great thing about the Manniversary Update is that we now got the promised two miscellaneous slots we were promised, but Valve also threw in a something else in the mix for us - pre-load out slots; this is probably my favorite thing from the update. What this does though is that for each class you are given four different slots, A, B, C and D, and in those slots you can save whatever load outs you want. Let's take my Sniper for example, my A load out is my Hawkeye themed load out in which he has the Genuine Anger, the Huntsman, Jarate and Tribalman's Shiv whereas his B load out is my Arabian Nights with the Desert Marauder, Bazaar Bargain and Shahanshah.



Unfortunately you can't officially name them, I wish you could do that. I'm trying to get my Pyro to have a Thor and Ghost Rider theme; I renamed the Powerjack "Mjolnir" and I'm trying to get an Unusual Pyromancer's Mask with flames. Check out some of my favorite load outs though:

 Down Under Sniper


 This would be my Ghost Rider Pyro

 The Last Scottish King

 Golfing Demo

 Dr Nemesis Medic

Pew Pew Soldier

This new feature is mainly for those who care more about the items and hats of Team Fortress 2 as opposed to those who enjoyed the game because of it's gameplay value; I enjoy TF2 for it's gameplay, but this is still a cool thing.

There are other new things included in the update as well, but I really haven't gotten the chance to use them, like the picket sign that allows to make decals for it, I want to try it but I don't have a picket sign.

The update isn't the best update Valve has given us; some of the hats are meh, I wish there were weapons, the picket sign I could most likely live without, and the aftermath of it is horrible. Usually when Valve releases a big update it gets buggy, it happens, its no big deal, but this time it's to the point where I have crashed every 10 minutes and to where my chat box is bugged; I'm not the only one experiencing these problems also, there are others who are crashing and having major bugs. I feel like I wasted time selling all my Strange weapons, but at least I have eleven refined metals for some of the hats/miscellaneous items I want, maybe I can gather more to get keys or buds for my Pyro Unusual I want. I hope the Halloween update will be better.

1 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Reading Gamers © 2011 | Designed by Bingo Cash, in collaboration with Premium Wordpress Themes | Photography Wordpress Theme